[omniORB] Problems with LinuxThreads and X-libs

Ole Storm storm@ifad.dk
Mon, 25 May 1998 08:56:42 +0200

Greetings,

Last week I posted a question describing some troubles getting omniORB and
an application using X11 on Linux to work together. A little later I posted
my own answer to the question; LinuxThreads and the X libraries are not
compatible - all X libraries need to be recompiled to fix the problem.

Clearly, this solves my problem - locally! I believe, however, that this
problem makes omniORB _almost_ useless on Linux - at least for
applications  using X. You really can't expect users of a product based on
omniORB to recompile the X libraries in order to use the product.
I think maybe this should be taken into consideration if omniORB is
planning on going commercial (see the "Support for omniORB" e-mail posted
Friday).

Kind regards,

	Ole.

Ole Storm
The Institute of Applied Computer Science (IFAD)
Forskerparken 10, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark
Phone: +45 6315 7134, Fax: +45 6593 2999, Email: storm@ifad.dk
WWW: http://www.ifad.dk