[omniORB] Compiler error?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
21 May 1998 20:35:14 +0100

James Lyell <lyell@vserv.co.za> writes:

> Hi
>
> We are running TurboLinux with the following configuration:
>
> gcc 2.7.2.3
> kernel 2.0.33
> libc 5.4.38
> linuxthreads 0.6
>
> While trying to compile omniORB 2.4.0 we get an internal compiler error.
> Has anyone solved this? Would moving to omniORB 2.5.0 help?
>
> This same version compiled perfectly under RedHat 4.2

gcc (2.7.2.1) on Redhat 4.2 actually contains some extra bug fixes and does
not contain some patches that break the compiler in gcc-2.7.2.3.

Yours is a compiler problem, moving to omniORB 2.5.0 does not help.

Regards,
Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND