[omniORB] core> find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

Mark Shacklette mshack@interaccess.com
Wed, 20 May 1998 21:44:21 -0500 (CDT)

Hi:

I'm running snapshot_980410 on RedHat 5.0 kernel 2.0.31 with binutils
2.8.1.0.26 and glibc-2.0.5c, using the egcs 1.0.2 compiler.  The snapshot code
is unpatched.  When I run a server, such as eg2_impl or eg3_impl, and then run
the client, the programs "run" just fine, but when I press Ctrl-C to end the
server, I almost always generate a core file.  The core file will be generated
even if I don't run the client, but simply run the server, and then press
Ctrl-C.  The core file complains of this:

find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error
(gdb) where
#0  0x8924ebc0 in ?? ()

I thought that maybe it had something to do with the compiler, so I just
upgraded to egcs 1.0.3, and rebuilt omniORB_2.5.0, but I still see the same
results.  If anyone has any idea of what is wrong, I'd appreciate knowing.  I
like clean executions, and core files make me nervous.

Thanks for any insights.

Mark

PS:  Where can I find the latest omniORB snapshots???