[omniORB] Tcl Tk together with omniORB2

Ole Storm storm@ifad.dk
Mon, 18 May 1998 16:37:53 +0200

Ole Storm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using omniORB 2.5 on linux. The compiler I use is gcc 2.7.2.
>
> I am trying to use omniORB2 in an application that uses Tcl for the
> graphical user interface. However, when my application starts, I get the
> following error message:
>
> XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Unknown error) on X server "albani:0.0"
>       after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
>
> - and the application is terminated. The application code is newer reached,
> the problem occurs during initialization.
(remaining stuff deleted...)

OK, I have found the cause to my troubles my self :-)

The reason is that the X-libraries interfere with linux-threads. The
problem is well documented in the README files of the linux-threads
distribution.

So, now you know.

Greetings,

	Ole.

Ole Storm
The Institute of Applied Computer Science (IFAD)
Forskerparken 10, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark
Phone: +45 6315 7134, Fax: +45 6593 2999, Email: storm@ifad.dk
WWW: http://www.ifad.dk