[omniORB] Not freed memory

Sven Eklund sek@leissner.se
Sat, 16 May 1998 16:00:16 +0200

Hello,

First I want to say I'm very new to CORBA. I have a question regarding
not freed memory when I run an omniORB-based application in Win 95/NT. I
always get a couple of objects detected as memory leaks when I close the
application. They don't increase in quantity, so it's actually no big
problem, but it makes it difficult to see if I have got any more memory
leaks.

There are 18 detected unfreed objects if I only make BOA/ORB_init. If I
also created an object-reference, it will increase to about 57 objects.
I doesn't help to make impl_shutdown() and destroy() on boa. I'm using
debug-versions of the omniORB25, omnithread libs and VStudio 5.0 SP3.

I would be interested in a way to avoid these messages if it's possible.
Any ideas appreciated.

Sven Eklund
Leissner Data AB
SWEDEN