[omniORB] COM-omniORB Interface

Eric Corbett eric@redmap.co.uk
Tue, 12 May 1998 18:07:03 +0100

Dave,

In message <355a0d21.10406479@smtp.ne.mediaone.net>, David Morgenlender
<dmorgen@alum.mit.edu> writes

>>Have you considered VisiBroker instead of OmniOrb in this environment?
>>You can download a version that runs just fine under Borland C++ Builder
>>3 from Borland's (or is that Inprises's now) Web site.
>
>Yes, I spoke with them.  They are expensive & do not include source code.  I
>would like to have one solution for both client & server.  Since they don't
>support ETS-Kernel, the lack of source ruled it out as a candidate.

I agree with you about pricing, particularly when compared to the
bundled CORBA support I believe is now in JBuilder. However, I was only
suggesting VisiBroker as a possibility for your client end, not
necesarily for the server app, which could still use OmniOrb. Using 2
different CORBA 2 compliant orbs *shouldn't* be a problem, but still...

In any event, I would be very interested in knowing how you get on with
your BCB 3.0/OmniOrb integration.

Good luck.
--
Eric Corbett