[omniORB] Re: OmniORB and the SCALE suite

Luis Sandoval sandoval@hcs.ufl.edu
Wed, 6 May 1998 23:43:46 -0400 (EDT)

Sai-Lai,

We are working on an implementation of a reliable implementation of SCALE
Channels for Myrinet. This work is just about to be completed, we are just
fixing details. Once SCALE Channels for Myrinet are ready we'll be able
just to plug omniORB over Myrinet.

The 108 usec were obtained using UltraStation 2 (200 MHz) machines with
Solaris 2.5.

Regards,
Luis

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Sai-Lai Lo wrote:

> > Our work with OmniORB and the SCALE suite is almost complete, and we've
> > gotten good performance out of it. The round-trip latency for echoing a
> > 1-octet sequence over SCI SHM is 108 usecs. This is for OmniORB 2.4. So
> > far it looks good. We're still working on the interface to Myrinet, and
> > finishing the details of the version for SCI.
>
> Impressive number! We've only managed 150 usec using Dolphin SCI kit and
> Linux Pentium Pro machines.
>
> Does Myrinet give you a reliable transport?
>
> Sai-Lai

Luis E. Sandoval
Graduate Research Assistant
High-performance Computing and Simulation (HCS) Research Laboratory
http://www.hcs.ufl.edu/~sandoval	email:sandoval@hcs.ufl.edu