[omniORB] still cannot run eg3_impl

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:46:29 GMT

I'm not sure shared library works with x86 linux egcs-1.0.2. However, we
seem to have some success with egcs-980302, which is what we are using at
the moment (with glibc-2, not libc5).

One thing I notice with egcs is that the code size has reduced significantly.

eg3_impl
--------
             text    data    bss
gcc-2.7.2    827340  159728  4472
egcs-980302  396320  115804  6616

Both are compiled with static libraries.

Sai-Lai