[omniORB] OMNI Development Environment?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:47:50 GMT

> Is the OMNI Development Environment used
> to develop CORBA applications based on OmniORB?
> If so, can I download it?

OMNI development environment (ODE) is a combination of make rules and
conventions to facilitate single source multiple target development. It
also allows different projects to import and export libraries and binaries.

Since omniORB_2.4.0, the source is distributed with the bulk of ODE. If you
look at the dir.mk files in the examples, you can see how we use the make
rules to automatically generate IDL stubs etc. If you want you can create
similar dir.mk file and use it in your project.

No, we do not intend to release the complete ODE. The learning curve is
rather steep for people who have never written a Makefile before.

Sai-Lai