[omniORB] Re: Exception Handling is thread safe?

Andi Kleen ak@muc.de
23 Mar 1998 16:44:37 +0100

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

[cc'ed to the omniorb list]

>   In message <3510EFB5.1F9DA6D@Harbinger.nl>you write:
>   > On the OmniORB project pages I read  that egcs' exception handling is
>   > not thread safe but that it can be fixed with a patch from Teemu Torma.
> More correctly, the current releases are not MT thread safe; the
> current development sources have thread safe exception handling.

This does not seem to work correctly. The OmniORB2 maintainer is especially
pointing people to use egcs-1.0.1+patch instead of egcs-current, because
the egcs-current exceptions break with OmniORB2. I don't know of any short
test case.

-Andi