[omniORB] TCP/IP Connections/File descriptors and omniORB2.5

Jörg Narr jnarr@Comsys.DoFN.DE
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:17:11 +0000

Dear experts,

busy in implementing an application which acts
as a proxy between some Corba-based Applications
and applications using a proprietary TCP/IP-Messaging
format I face the following problem:

When I start the proxy, it is able to contact the
omniNames Naming service as well as a server
of the "oldish" applications via "normal" TCP/IP-
connections with Sockets/Filehandles etc.

As soon as I start a Corba-client though which
invokes normal methods on the Proxy I wouldn't be
able to communicate via normal TCP/IP any more.
The applications seem to "hang" in a write(...)
method of the class ostream. The "old" code isn't
explicitly thread-safe since the developers used
XEventhandlers for their system.

BTW: I am using gcc-2.8.1 on a Redhat 5.0 - system.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,

Joerg Narr