[omniORB] omni_thread memory leak?

Tristan Richardson tjr@orl.co.uk
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:52:03 +0000

> Is there a known bug iun relation to omni_thread not releasing memory
> when a run_undetached method terminates?

Which platform are you running it on?  We've tried your example quickly on
Solaris and NT and it doesn't seem to leak, although we did find a bug in your
Object::_dispatch() function in that the lock mutex isn't held when
shut.wait() is called.

Also there was a resource leak on NT in earlier versions of omnithread but
this has been fixed.

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr@orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |