[omniORB] HAS_Cplusplus_Bool

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:01:13 GMT

> Using MSVC5(sp3), NT4(sp3), OmniORB2.4.0
> How is the #define HAS_Cplusplus_Bool supposed to be used?

As you have found out, we do not use bool type to represent CORBA::Boolean
on any platforms. The HAS_Cplusplus_Bool is intended to be used in *future*
in CORBA_sysdep.h where we can selectively use bool type on the
platform+compiler combination that supports it.

For example, to use bool in MSVC, I would do this:

CORBA_sysdep.h:

#elif defined(_MSC_VER)
//  Microsoft Visual C++ compiler
#define HAS_Cplusplus_Bool
#define NEED_DUMMY_RETURN
#endif

I have to say we have not tested using bool to represent
CORBA::Boolean. The idl compiler probably have to be updated to do so.
I'm not surprise bool does not work at the moment.

Sai-Lai