Naming service of eg3

Song Wang wsong@ece.uci.edu
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:28:19 -0800

Hi,

I'm using omniORB2.5.0. I tried to run the eg3_impl
and eg3_clt on different machines. One is Windows NT 4.0,
the other is Windows 95. I configured the naming service
in both machines and I could run the eg3_impl and eg3_clt
in the same machine(no matter Windows NT or 95) very well.
However, when I put the eg3_impl and eg3_clt into different
machines, after I started the eg3_impl and naming service
in one machine, I tried to start naming service and eg3_clt
in the other machine. The eg3_clt reported
"Caught system exception COMM_FAILURE. unable to contact the object".
I tried " eg3_clt -ORBserverName <server's name>" and the
result was the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

-Song.