IDL include files

Tom Gardner tomg@iopen.com
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 07:44:07 -0800

Andreas K=FCster wrote:

> > 1. How do I tell the omniORB idl compiler
> >       to generate code for included IDL files?
>=20
>  I had the same proplem .... i solved it with manual including of the
> whoole headerfile in the main idl code... this is not a clean solution
> but it works fine ....
> If you find a better soloution i would like to know it.

I don't ... I end up compiling them individually.  I haven't had any

My problem is actually with interoperability.  My client is
VisiBroker for Java and my servers are omniORB.  When I
try to narrow any of my objects Visibroker complains because
the InterfaceId is not what they would expect it to be.

It ends up that my workaround is editing the stubs that
are generated from the IDL compiler and modifying the
InterfaceId's that are assigned to each object.  I
just prepend a "modulename/" to the string that is=20
produced from omniORB and everything works fine.

I might be able to put a:
#pragma ID ".../..." in the IDL file ... but, maybe
because of laziness ... or I that expect the include
files to work correctly ... I haven't tried it.=20

tomg

Tom Gardner                      e-mail:  tomg@iopen.com
21120 Serene Way                 Phone:   (408) 927-6687
San Jose, CA 95120-1217          Fax:     (408) 927-8864