omniNames: How to unbind naming services

Tristan Richardson tjr@orl.co.uk
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:45:40 +0000

> Hello omniORB'ers
> I just got aware of a nasty problem with omniNames.
> I registered one name server at another one with nameclt to set up a
> naming service hierarchy. This works fine and was discussed earlier on
> this list. But did anyone ever try to remove such a registration later
> on? It seems not to be possible at all.
> 3. nameclt unbind c-lab NameServer
> Error: unbind: can't unbind a naming context.
> Use remove_context to remove an empty naming context.

What you need is the magic "-advanced" option to nameclt :-).  It allows you
to do operations which can mess up the naming service if you don't know what
you're doing - for example operations which leave an orphaned context.

Try "nameclt -advanced unbind c-lab NameServer".

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr@orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |