OmniThread Question on NT 4.0

Steve Brenneis brenneis@SURRY.NET
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:48:15 -0500

How are you determining the number of handles?  If you are using pview =
(process viewer that used to come with MSVC and I think is included in =
the Res Kit), a growing number of handles (as in quantity) is something =
to be worried about and means that ExitThread is not being called.  =
However if you are referring to the thread handle number (as in its =
value), it is an assignment by the O/S and will continue to increase =
with every thread created until it reaches 2^32.  Its value does not =
relate to the number of currently active threads.

Hope this is helpful.