Want to join the club but can't

christof.hasse@ubs.com christof.hasse@ubs.com
Tue, 10 Mar 98 09:50:02 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Hi folks

I don't get omniORB_2.4 to work on my Linux box. It runs SuSE 5.0 and
fulfills (as far as I can see) all requirements. While compiling omniORB
SuSE's g++ (2.7.2.1) receives an internal error. I compiled g++ 2.7.2.3
and was able to compile omniORB. Starting omniNAMES causes a seg. fault.
gdb claims it is in fclose().

Having failed to build omniORB on my own, I ftped the binaries.omniNAMES
now starts up but compiling and running eg1 ends up in the same problems
as mentioned above.

Can someone give me clear instruction how to get omniORB to fly. I do not
hesitate to compile all prerequisites (g++, lib what ever) but I want to
join the club asap.

Thanx
  Christof

P.S. How do I get the latest snapshots?