[omniORB] "OMNIIDL2.EXE: spawnvp of CL failed"

Grohmann, Axel grohmann@ike.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:36:47 +0200

Gerald Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I just downloaded verion 2.5.0 for Windows and have been trying to compile
> an idl file with omniidl2. If I run omniidl2 without any arguments, I'm
> presented with a help message, however when I try to compile the example
> echo.idl with
>
> omniidl2 echo.idl
>
> I get the following :
>
> C:\a\omniORB_2.5.0\bin\x86_win32>omniidl2 echo.idl
> C:\A\OMNIOR~1.0\BIN\X86_WI~1\OMNIIDL2.EXE: spawnvp of CL failed
> Preprocessor returned non-zero status -1
>
> This error occurs regardless of whether echo.idl is actually in the current
> directory or not. I have a feeling I haven't set up something properly, but
> I have set up my path and I have put an IOR in the registry. I don't see
> instructions for anything else.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure that your compiler (I suppose the Microsoft Visual C++) is in your
path? CL is actually the name of the compiler's exe, and if your system can't
find it, then you might have problems like the one above.

Hope this serves,

Axel Grohmann

Department of Knowledge Engineering and Numerics
Institute of Nuclear Energy and Energy Systems
University of Stuttgart
Pfaffenwaldring 31
70550 Stuttgart
Germany