[omniORB] queue management

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.inet.it
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:02:11 +0200

Hi people,
	I have been requested to design a queue management system which should
work as a bridge between client and server; it should offer persistent
storage of client requests and server replies, including exceptions.
Requests despooling happens according to availability/time/flow
constraints; overall behaviour should make the bridge transparent to both
client and server. Both DII and DSI look functionally insufficient (in any
case they are not implemented in Omniorb). So I think I should intercept
request/reply close to IIOP level, playing around with code similar to
stubs/skeletons as generated by the IDL compiler, in a more generic way.  A
further issue concerns dynamic management of values (Dynanys ?) completely
unknown at compile time.
Questions: is there any hook in Omniorb to do things in a "not too dirty"
way ?
Did anyone in the Ombiorb community do anything like that ?
Thanks,

		Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 773180
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.inet.it