[omniORB] starving for more examples...

Nathan Banks banks@iex.com
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:09:21 -0500

Hello,
I am looking for two examples.

1. General example of a server which issues factory objects to clients and
manages them. Of particular interest is how to properly detect that a client is
no longer using the objects created by the factory, but has ungraciously
forgotten to inform the server (e.g. client abend).

I have searched the archives, but have only found references to the OmniORB
distribution's second example.

My current application advertises all of it's interfaces through the name
services. Currently these interfaces are all singleton (stateless) interfaces. I
would like to compact this down to just one factory interface which issues the
current singleton objects and future multi-instances of other objects.

2. An example of using threads in a server which must communicate with an
asychronous backend inorder to satisfy client requests. I need ideas on how to
suspend the current CORBA operation while I await the asychronous response from
the legacy backend.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I will summarise to the group.

Cheers,
Nathan

--
 /| |\  Nathan Banks                             Email: banks@iex.com
/ | | \ IEX Corporation                          Voice: +1.972.301.1206