[omniORB] patch for Irix 6.2 available for testing

Gerd Schmitt schmitt@krauss-maffei.de
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 17:53:12 -0200

Hi, omniORBers :-)

I tried the SGI patch on Irix 6.3 system.

I was able to compile it (after getting gnumake), but
omniNames crashed on startup within the call
"pthread_key_create(&self_key, NULL);"
in file posix.cc in the constructor of
omni_thread::init_t

After moving this (global) object's definition
from file omnithread.h (at the very end)
int the file posix.cc I was able to build a non
crashing version from omniNames.

=>  omnithread.h:
// static omni_thread::init_t omni_thread_init;
^^

=>  posix.cc
static omni_thread::init_t omni_thread_init; // this line is new

omni_thread::init_t::init_t(void)
{
    if (count++ != 0)	// only do it once however many objects get created.
	return;

:
:

Now I'm able to run eg1.

eg2_impl yields
> Assertion failed in file "../../c++runtime/throw.cxx", line 841
AFTER returning the echo string to the client.

I hope this was usefull to someone.

Looking 4ward for a SGI binary distribution ;-)

have fun,  Gerd