[omniORB] [retry bounce] Help with VC5 - First-chance exceptions

JMRedman ergotech@ergotech.com
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 17:13:45 +0100

I hope the answer to this is easy, but I've spent time searching the mail
list and the documentation to find a clue.  Any help would be appreciated.
If I missed the answer somewhere please point me in that direction.

If I build example applications, notably echo and anyexample, using the
"dir.mak" files everything seems to work correctly.  If I put them into
the
VC IDE and try to copy the same environment variables
(Project->Settings..)
then I have problems.  I've tried a number of variations on the settings,
the simplest being simply copying the options from dir.mak into their
appropriate locations and building.  The results appear to be about the
same no matter what I do. The errors usually manifest themselves as
"First-chance exceptions" and more seriously selections of errors looking
like this:

HEAP[anyServer.exe]: Heap block at cb1208 modified at cb121d past
requested size of d

The "First-chance exceptions" show up during calls to:

bind_new_context
bind

a pair for each.

Jim