[omniORB] Using Namespace - help !

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
07 Jul 1998 18:26:16 +0100

Swayamjit Das <swayam@krdl.org.sg> writes:

> I am unable to use the namespace feature in omniORB 2.5.0, as the
> idl compiler does not allow to reopen the module name.
>
> I am using Win95 and  MSVC++5.0. I am using the pre-built version of
> omniORB that I have downloaded.
>
> Do I have to recompile the idl compiler to get this working ?
> Please advise.

The use of C++ namespace and to allow IDL modules to be reopened are not
supported in omniORB 2.5.0. These features are available for MSVC++ in
snapshot_980410. Check out the omniORB news page
http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/omniORB.html for details.

Sai-Lai Lo

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND