Has TypeCode been implemented?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:37:26 GMT

> Has Typecode been implemented in Omniorb2 yet?

Yes, but did not make it into the snapshot. Our plan is to have 2.4.0 out
first and then follows by a snapshot with Typecode and Any. At the moment,
I'm updating omniORB documentations. This is the last thing to do before
2.4.0 is released.

> P.S. Is anybody currently working on any of the following features:
> 	DII, DSI, IR, other language bindings (python,perl,guile)?

There is currently no plan to implement other language bindings
(python,perl,guile,java). IMHO, there are well established free software,
such as ILU, which already have all these bindings, it is a waste of effort
to keep reinventing the wheel. What we should aim for is seamless
interoperability among the ORBs for different language bindings. Services
written in one language with one ORB can be deployed straight away and used
by clients written in another language over a different ORB. Afterall, this
is what CORBA and component software is about, isn't it?

I think our focus will continue to be producing a C++ ORB that is fast,
robust and scalable.

Sai-Lai