OmniNames and bind_context

Tristan Richardson tjr@cam-orl.co.uk
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 10:09:50 +0000

> The only thing left that
> bugs me a little is that after the above I try:
>
> % nameclt unbind bar context
> Error: unbind: can't unbind a naming context.
> Use remove_context to remove an empty naming context.
>
> which isn't a serious problem, but seems a bit odd, nonetheless.

The reason I did this was to reduce the chances of leaving orphaned contexts
around in the naming service.  You can force nameclt to do what you want with
the -advanced option, i.e.:

% nameclt -advanced unbind bar context

I guess I should really have documented this somewhere.  Sorry folks!

Cheers

Tristan

|  Tristan Richardson                 Email:  tjr@orl.co.uk          |
|  ORL                                  Tel:  +44 1223 343000        |
|  24a Trumpington Street               Fax:  +44 1223 313542        |
|  Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK               WWW:  http://www.orl.co.uk/  |
|          ORL - The Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory           |