my omniidl2 failed

Bruce Visscher bvisscher@mindspring.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:34:09 -0500

Bing Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Forgive me if this is a simple question.
>
> The omniORB 2.4 works well on my NT box. But on my Win 95 box, the
> omniidl2 echo.idl generated the following error message:
>
> spawnvp of CL failed
> Preprocessor returned non-zero status -1

I've seen this before on NT.  Check your path and make sure it contains
the directory containing the MS compiler (cl.exe).  omniidl2 uses the
C++ compiler to preprocess the *.idl file.  IIRC, a -1 status from
spawnvp indicates that the spawn itself failed (as opposed to succeeding
and receiving a bad status from the subprocess).  Check the on-line help
for spawnvp (which I don't have access to here at home) to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Bruce