Cannot use omniORB2 with egcs snapshot980214 on x86 Linux

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:52:51 GMT

Several people have reported problems related to omniORB2 and various
snapshots of egcs since 1.0. I pulled in snapshot980214 last night and can
confirm that the combination indeed does not work.

eg1, eg2{clt,impl} seems to work but both eg3_clt and eg3_impl hang.

I stepped through the code and discovered that the throw (file: NamingSK.cc
line: 1260) in

CosNaming::_proxy_NamingContext::bind_new_context ( const CosNaming::Name & n )

is not properly handled and the process just hangs from that point onwards.

It looks like a bug in the exception handling in general or just in the
thread-safe exception handling stuff.

Could you or someone more knowledgable than I am looks into this?

Thanks.

Sai-Lai

p.s. The code works with a patched version of egcs 1.0.

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND