New Transport for omniORB

Wim Vandevelde veldewi@access.bel.alcatel.be
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:04:33 +0100

Sai-Lai Lo wrote:

> - If your transport is unreliable, e.g. ATM AAL5, you will have to provide
>   the parallel of reliableStreamStrand to preserve the request-response
>   semantics. We have done this but the code has not been integrated into
>   the general release. (see below)

Hi Sai-Lai,

Looking at the performance of omniORB I got  interested in using omniORB in
an ATM (embedded) environment. That's why I have a few questions.

Are you planning to release the code you mention in your mail (omniORB on
AAL5)?
If so, in wich release can we expect it ?
If not is there another way to get it?

I think I read in one of your mails that you are using omniORB on
an ARM based platform. Which compiler are you using ? (GNU,
ARM C++ or another one)

Regards,
Wim

   /      Wim Vandevelde  XE40 ASD Alcatel Telecom      /
  / veldewi@access.bel.alcatel.be tel. (32/3) 240 8106 /