As an NT service?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:23:12 GMT

Hi Jason,

> I'm wondering who might be intereseted in diffs if I change source so that
> omniORB will run as a native service under NT/95.  I've already got some
> of the stuff done.

> Right now the changes I'm making are just to prep the NT port so that it
> won't need command line arguments or environment variables (read: use
> registry for *everything*).  I've also have a 3/4 written control-panel
> applet.

Yes, we are very interested in the patch. If it is not very large, just
post it on this list. Otherwise, you can upload the changes to our ftp
server.

We have not yet got a system in place to distribute external patches. This
is something to look into.

Also, it will be helpful to others if you can summarise on this list the
steps necessary to run omniORB programs as NT services.

Regards,

Sai-Lai