Linux2.0.* + glibc + omniORB2 troubles.

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:33:58 GMT

> I tried 4 combinations of
> (glibc2.0.5c, glibc2.0.6) vs (omniORB2 2.2.0, omniorb2 2.4.0)
> Result was the same: Segmentation fault.

> As gdb showed, it occurs in the  "__libc_mutex_lock()" (mutex.c file) function.
> Stack backtrace showed that the last call from omniORB
> was "gethostbyname(<myhost>)" and somewhere inside it the program fails.
> Any program (including omniNames) generates SIGSEGV in the same
> part of code.

> Where te problem is:
>  - glibc ?
>  - omniORB ?
>  - something wrong with configuration of my OS?

In addition to what Duncan suggested, please make sure you have removed the
old linuxthread shared library. This seems to be a common problem with
Redhat 5.0 systems upgraded from 4.x.

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND