irix port of omniORB2?

J M Dent cszjmd@scs.leeds.ac.uk
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:46:13 GMT

Hi,

On the WWW pages at ORL there is reference made to an
unsupported IRIX port of omniORB2. I have the opportunity of working
on some SGI O2 workstations and I wondered if one of you could drop me
an email or respond to this message with information about the port.

They are running IRIX 6.3. We have SGI's CC compiler and GCC.

I have tried compiling the ORB from the source code and everything
appears to go okay but when I run eg3_impl and eg3_clt the eg3_clt
terminates as it would normally, then omniNames and eg3_impl both dump
core after recursing infinitely (alot) in
reliableStreamStrand::receive() (ll_recv() gets called and returns
zero bytes).

Cheers!
denty.

--
Denty                        http://www.charmed.demon.co.uk/
University of Leeds, LEEDS, UK. +44 976 767741

``Do you have to let it linger?''
        -- Cranberries