[omniORB] sequence<interface>

oleg_machulski@geocities.com oleg_machulski@geocities.com
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:14:26 +0300 (MSK)

Maybe this quetion is not omniORB2 specific, but I'll ask:

Suppose we have an interface A  with some methods and attributes.
There exists typedef sequence<A> seq_of_A; Is it possible to declare
and use method B::getAseq() whose return type is seq_of_A?

Let A_impl is an implementation of interface A (and of course it is
inherited from _sk_A). As I understand, we have to create an empty
sequence if A_Impl objects and then use seq_of_A::duplicate() method
to fill created sequence with references to implementations. Then,
this array is transferred to client and all the references to _Impl
objects are transformed by ORB into references to proxy objects.

so, the question is the following: If we're wrong, please provide us
with the HelloWorld-like example of client-side and client-side code,
which illustrates how to transfer sequences of objects(interfaces)
through the ORB.

Thank You.
---
Oleg Machulski