[Fwd: [omniORB] VxWorks Port?]

Casper B. Stoel cbst@oce.nl
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 13:53:15 +0100

Based on my question if there is a port of omniORB for VxWorks I got the
following response (see below). What I forgot to mention though, is the fact
that I am talking about VxWorks on an embedded 486 processor... I haven't seen
any ports for this environment yet... Does anyone have any
pointers/suggestions?

Joachim Fabini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We considered doing the port but realized that a) there is no compiler
> on the market that supports thread-safe exceptions on VxWorks (that
> was about two months ago, maybe Greenhills meanwhile succeded in doing
> their port) and b) changing omniORB to use the alternative mapping
> almost equals writing a new ORB. That's why we renounced. You might
> consider Highlander's port of VisiBroker to VxWorks. Not cheap but
> really nice to use.

Thanks,

Casper Stoel