[omniORB] Multi threaded debugging on Linux

bob@synxis.com bob@synxis.com
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:36:03 -0600

We chose omniORB2 for the orb for product, the Linux part anyway, and
I have delved back into the world of C++.

Given the multi-threadedness of the omniORB I can't seem to get gdb to
behave and show me sane behavior with respect to threads.

I just spent the last two days trying the thread patches from the Open
Group (patches to glibc and gdb) but it always crashes on a SIGABRT on
some thread.

Is anyone else having much luck with debugging on Linux?

Thanks,
- Bob

--
Bob Cotton                  SynXis Corporation                   bob@synxis.com
1610 Wynkoop, Suite 400 | Phone: (303) 595-2511 | "It's today!" said Piglet.