[omniORB] Re: shared libraries on Linux/egcs

Aurel Balmosan ab@orga.com
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:42:46 +0200

Kasper Peeters wrote:

> > I have an mt-app that is using omnithreads, and it worked fine after
> > a full recompile with the mentioned versions. So now you know...
>
> It only builds static libraries for me. How do I turn on building of
> shared libraries?
>
> Kasper

What about trying to use -fPIC for each compiled source and -shared
when building the shared library? This should be the normal way to do
that.

--
Aurel Balmosan           | Department SE-SW
ORGA Kartensysteme GmbH  | phone: +49 5254 991 824