[omniORB] OmniORB and JacORB

Jonas Andersen jones@jones.inder.net
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:40:59 +0200

There was some talk about JacORB a couple of days ago (according to the =
archieves).=20
One of the replies suggested using java-idl, which again demanded the =
Java NameServer!(?).
Just wanted to let you know that I've just connected a client and server =
(both using JacORB 0.9e and Sun's JDK 1.1.5). Using omniNames.
I've configured JacORB to look in http://<myhost>/JacORB/NS_Ref - for =
the NameService IOR. Then simple copy /etc/omninames.cfg to <httpdocs =
dir>/JacORB/NS_Ref and remove the leading NAMESERVICE in NS_Ref. That =
should do the trick.

I'm currently looking into using JacORB in a Applet. Anyone got ideas? =
Netscape seems to want to use the internal ORB, which does not like to =
be initialized the same way.
I've tried ORB.init();
and ORB.init(this, props); Where this, is the applet instance and props =
is a empty Properties.

Jonas