[omniORB] Client's BOA

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
12 Aug 1998 13:23:43 +0100

Lap Wah Lee <lwlee@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> >From what I understood, the Basic Object Adapter is only necessary in
> server implementation, not the client.  But client examples, 2 and 3,
> both do a boa->init.  Does the init have any effect?

You are right in that BOA_init is not required in a pure client.

> Also, will the tie approach be supported in OmniORB?

Yes, it will come with the upcoming release in the form of a C++ template.

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND