[omniORB] Problems with CORBA.h on Solaris

Bruce Visscher bvisscher@mindspring.com
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:39:49 -0400

Jan Lessner wrote:

> Hi omniORB'ers
> I got heavy problems compiling the omniORB 2.5 source code. It's caused
> by the declaration order in CORBA.h.
> I know what the compiler complains about but the problems are so basic
> that it seems I understood something completely wrong (omniORB 2.2
> worked perfectly well). Just one example:
> In line 1578 starts the declaration of TypeCode but in line 353 (and
> many others) TypeCode is already used in a new-Statement.. Consequently
> the compiler complains:
>
> "../../../include/omniORB2/CORBA.h", line 353: Error: The type
> "CORBA::TypeCode" is incomplete.
>
> Do I have to use a newer compiler version (I'm using CC version 3.0.1 I
> think).

You might want to try the latest snapshot.  I ran into similar problems
when trying to make CORBA a C++ namespace.  Using incomplete nested
types like this inside inline code within a namespace doesn't work
either (at least not with VC++ 5 - and I'm pretty sure VC5 is right in
this case).  So, your compiler might be happier with the snapshot (even
without namespaces).

HTH,

Bruce