[omniORB] Hello and Native NT Thread problem.

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
17 Apr 1998 21:10:16 +0100

Jean Francois Denise <jfd@silicomp.fr> writes:

> I have a problem using native NT threads and impl_is_ready.
> When making a call to impl_is_ready from a native NT thread
> (CreateThread(...)), the server crashs during the call to impl_is_ready.
>
> When using the omnithread it works find.

This is a known limitation. See my related posting in:

http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/archives/1998-Apr/0065.html

It looks like this is bugging a number of users. I'll have a look to see
what we can do.

> I still have a problem using omnithreads. Randomly I kill my process
> using TerminateProcess. Time to time the server is not killed and I am
> enable to kill it.

Sorry, I don't know enough of NT to be able to help you on this.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND