[omniORB] pure virtual method called

Jörg Narr jnarr@Comsys.DoFN.DE
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 14:33:27 +0000

--------------F7F34FCFA5B7FFE5F8E51113

Dear experts,

I am using a callback pattern and receive the obove
method when I use the callback function on the received
clientRef.

The client calls a server object like:

CorbaWiasClient_i *C = new CorbaWiasClient_i;
CorbaWiasClient_ptr myObjRef = C->_this();

M->mPictSnglSub(snglsub, myObjRef);

The client offers an interface for the callback:

void callback  ( const ValueUpdate  &vupdate );

In the server I do the following:

CorbaWiasServer_i::mPictSnglSub ( const PictSnglSub & snglsub,
CorbaWiasClient_ptr  clientRef ){

      // store the reference in a CorbaWiasClient_ptr Variable called
Cref

}

and call somewhere on the CorbaWiasClient_ptr Variable like:

cref->callback(vupdate);

At runtime I receive "pure virtual method called" and the Server stops.

What might I have overlooked or done wrongly. I didn't paste in all the
code, but
made sure that all the pointers hold valid addresses.

Thank you for any comment.

Joerg

--------------F7F34FCFA5B7FFE5F8E51113

begin:          vcard
fn:             J=F6rg Narr
n:              Narr;J=F6rg
org:            Frequentis Network Systems GmbH
adr:            An der Bundesstra=DFe 31;;;Immenstaad;Baden-W=FCrttemberg=
;88090;Germany
email;internet: jnarr@comsys.dofn.de
tel;work:       +49 7545 84766
tel;home:       +49 7531 34653
note;quoted-printable:Private Address:=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	 Fasanenweg 17a,=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	 78464 Konstanz,=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	=3D0D=3D0A=3D