gcc in Solaris

Luiz Gonzaga da Silveira Jr. gonzaga@dca.fee.unicamp.br
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:06:10 -0300 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jan Lessner wrote:

> Hi
> > I saw that omniOrb2 can be compiled to Solaris
> > platform using Sun SparcCompiler C++.
> > Can I compile omniOrb2 with GNU C++ Compiler in Solaris ?
> Yes, you can, at least with version 2.7.2 (not 2.7.0!!). It compiles
> just perfectly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Jan

Hi Jan,

 Did you used the configure file sun4_sosV_5.5.mk, and simply changed
the compiler name (I tested it, failed) or did you constructed new
config.mk ?

I tried to improve some modifications to sun4_sosV_5.5.mk. Then, it
generated omniidl2, but some problems occurred in libomnithread
compilation. do you built omnithread on top of posix threads ?

thanks,

Gonzaga

<> Luiz Gonzaga da Silveira Jr   GCI-DCA-FEEC <>
<> State University of Campinas       Unicamp <>
<> gonzaga@dca.fee.unicamp.br          Brazil <>
<> http://www.dca.fee.unicamp.br/~gonzaga     <>