How to keep IORs identical?

Bastiaan Bakker Bastiaan.Bakker@harbinger.nl
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:01:48 +0100

Hi,

For a project we're doing we want the Corba server objects to have the
same IOR over multiple program executions, that is, every time the
server is started it will be accessible via the same IOR. (There reason
behind this is that we don't want to use a naming service.)
>From looking at the sources I was under the impression that this could
be accomplished by:
1) using a fixed IIOP port, set by -BOAiiop_port port on the command
line, and
2) constuct the server object with the constructor that takes an
objectKey. The objectKey comes from a previous run of the server by
calling _key() method.

Athough the first part of the IOR stays constant, due to 1), the object
key part is different every time and certainly not equal to the
objectKey passed to the constructor.
Could anybody tell what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Bastiaan Bakker

Software Engineer
Harbinger BV