Current Status

Jan Lessner jan@c-lab.de
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 13:37:47 +0200

Sai-Lai Lo wrote:
> (3) DII and DSI
>
>      This will have to come after Any and Typecode. To be honest, we don't
>      really find this useful and there is no demand for it internally.
Well, I agree in the sense that both DII and DSI are poorly specified
and
urgently need to be redefined in future version of CORBA. Nevertheless,
at least we at C-LAB definitely need the DII. We use it for the
integration
of CORBA services in an interpreter-based tool integration system. I.e.
at
implementation time it is not known which CORBA services will be
integrated
at runtime and the only way to cover this is by addressing the CORBA
services
through the DII. So at the moment we use omniORB for our internal
communi-
cation and an server application which receives generic messages via
omniORB
and translates them into DII requests via Orbix. This is a nightmare of
course
we'd like to get rid of as soon as possible.

Regards,

	Jan Lessner, C-LAB