Addressing Orbix server: Addition

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:29:11 GMT

> An addition to my last mail:
> I just realized that the method I call in the Orbix server is not my own
> one but the standard function CORBA_Object::_non_existent. So does
> anyone know about problems using this function for Orbix-based server
> applications from within an omniORB client?

This is a known bug in Orbix-2.1. Don't know if it has been fixed in 2.2.

Basically, Orbix server does not understand IIOP uses the string
"_non_existent" on the wire to identify the standard operation
CORBA::Object::_non_existent.

The reverse is also a problem, calling _non_existent inside an Orbix client
would cause it to emit the operation name "IT_ping" in the IIOP request.

Regards,

Sai-Lai