security in OmniOrb...

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Thu, 22 May 1997 17:34:31 +0100

> Hi,
>   First of all, thanks for releasing omniOrb. It's great. I am
> wondering if there is any plan in implementing CORBA security service
> for omniORB. Thanks.

Thanks for your message. We have not started working on the security
service for omniORB. In the medium term, we would like to have at least
the authentication functions in place. However, this is currently at the
bottom of the list of things to do. If anyone is interested in helping out
with the implementation, please drop us a line.

At the moment, we are working on the support for the Any types, GIOP over
native ATM and making the ORB QoS aware. Anyone interested in CORBA over
ATM?

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND