Problem linking with VC++ 4.2

Edward Scott Edward.Scott@prismtech.co.uk
Fri, 23 May 1997 12:38:04 +0100

Firstly, thanks for placing omniORB under GPL. I beleive it will
increase the take up of CORBA.

I have been trying to build a test server under omniORB2 - a simple
implementation of the Name Service. I have renamed the module to
XCosName to try and avoid name clashes and I am using a copy of
Naming_NT.hh (also modified to XCosNaming and with a different #define
at the start). Unfortunately, the build fails during linking with
unresolved refrences to two function defined internally to omniORB.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestions for a fix
would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Edward Scott

Output from build (VC++ 4.2, Windows 95, Dynamic Libraries):

Linking...
nameSK.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: void
__thiscall MemBufferedStream::grow(unsigned
int)"(?grow@MemBufferedStream@@AAEXI@Z)
nameSK.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: void *
__thiscall
MemBufferedStream::overrun_error(void)"(?overrun_error@MemBufferedStream@@AAEPAXXZ)
Debug/opn.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Edward Scott                 Prism Technologies Ltd., Kingfisher House,
                             Kingsway, Tyne & Wear, NE11 0JQ, England
Edward.Scott@prismtech.co.uk Tel +44(0)1914913983 Fax +44(0)1914913973