Java ORB to omniORB?

Jan Ulbrich ulbrich@hexmac.com
Mon, 30 Jun 97 18:22:35 +0200

Hi there,

>Some ORBs (e.g. HP ORB+, JavaIDL) supply a COS Naming IDL that uses the
>#pragma prefix "omg.org" preprocessor directive. The COS Naming IDL used in
>omniORB doesn't contain this directive. To get omniNames to interoperate
>with
>these ORBs, add the following line to the beginning of the file
><omniORB home>/src/lib/omniORB2/Naming.idl :
>
>#pragma prefix "omg.org"
>
>and re-compile omniORB.

This advice comes from the omniORB headquater, so it might not be too
bad, but would suggest another way to make the parts interact properly:
There is no defacto standard on how to name the COS services and I don't
want to change the server side every now and then. I took the original
Naming.idl and generated stubs for JavaIDL and used these stubs to
connect to omniNames. The ZIP file of the Applet is a little bigger this
way, but I prefer it this way...

Have a nice day, Jan Ulbrich

--
///  Jan Ulbrich - flynn (remember tron?)
o-o  Margarethe von Wrangellweg 1, 89075 Ulm, Germany