Enums & namespaces

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.inet.it
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:56:12 +0200

Hi there,
	I'm trying to use namespaces on NT (_CORBA_MODULE="namespace"), and I got
a problem when an enum is defined at module level of idl: the generated
code contains a few operator functions with the "friend" prefix (see
Naming_NT.hh, line 38). MSVC 5.0 complains about it (error C2255) since "a
friend function can only be declared in a class"; off course no problems
exist when nested classes are used instead.
Thanks,

		Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 461 773164      Fax. +39 461 773180
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.inet.it