C language clients with omniORB?

John Connett jrc@art.co.uk
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:25:20 +0100

Has anyone tried any ORBs with C language mappings operating as clients
to an omniORB server?

I am particularly interested in freely available ORBs that can be
persuaded to run under Linux (eg. ILU, Flick, ...).  Rather than trying
to build and test them myself I would be keen to receive recommendations
for ORBs that are known to interoperate with omniORB ...

Details of commercial ORBs available on a "free" trail basis would also
be of interest (I have access to SPARC/Solaris, Alpha/Digital UNIX, and
SGI/IRIX systems as well as Pentium/Linux).

For the task I am considering I only require static IDL with no use of
the 'any' type.  I might want to be able to use object reference
parameters.

Many thanks in anticipation
--
John Connett (jrc@art.co.uk)